What video game are you playing right now?

This is the media board. Discuss movies, games, music, books and any other media here.

Moderator: Terragent

Narts

Re: What video game are you playing right now?

Post by Narts » Wed May 31, 2017 11:02 pm

Wow Bridge Crew feels like the first Star Trek game in ages that actually feels like it was designed for real Star Trek nerds.

Too bad it's a Ubi game so of course there are crippling technical problems that basically prevent me from playing (ship getting stuck in endless warp every time you try to go somewhere)

Also simply finding a proper crew that isn't trolling, has mics and is actually interested in playing is unsurprisingly an adventure in itself.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:19 am

I finally got a Switch thursday, and I just finished moving too. Since I have a lot of free time on my hands now(passed all exams whoo), I'm pouring a lot of hours into it.

It's the best game of it's type I played in years. I remember really liking the feel of OOT back when I first played it(and that was after wind waker) for it's effort in worldbuilding, and found it to be somewhat big. Then Twilight princess was a lot bigger(even with all the twilight going on), and felt more realistic of a kingdom with all the various plains and the tribe domains. But now Breath of the Wild dwarfs that too. This game is just absurdly huge. I've only been up until Zora's domain and all the story destinations before that, but I'm impressed. All the areas in between feel very detailed too, and about half of my time has been lost getting sidetracked. Never really played such a open world game before. Didn't get far in both Xenoblades, and in this game you have a bit more mobility. The art design is impressive as well(Zora's domain/river was awesome).

Most complaints are about durability, and I do kind of get it. It works as intended, but it's annoying that your weapons break constantly if fights drag on to long. You can just steal theirs I guess, but sometimes the amount of options dwindle quickly, especially with flurry strikes.

DieselPheonix

Post by DieselPheonix » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:35 am

I got the Wii U version after winning custody of our console. Performance goes to crumpets when there are too many enemies on screen, but other than that the game is still gorgeous. Considering enemies hit hard in this game compared to the others, direct combat is ill-advised either way.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:18 pm

Been playing overwatch. Discovered that my terrible mac mini can run it on minspec. Been twin-squadding with my wife. We're both still bad at it though. :P
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Narts

Post by Narts » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:17 pm

Which one of you is the pocket Mercy

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:41 am

Only occasionally me.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:13 pm

finished Zero Time Dilemma, thus finishing the Zero Escape series. Definitely the weakest of the bunch, but still had Sigma being a loveable badass and a few scenes with Akane being her usual horrible self, so it was good enough. It also had a plot twist so crumpets it looped around and became brilliant. would recommend the series.

dropped persona 5 for the time being because my head has been sensitive to light recently and the all-out-attacks and general menu's have not been kind to me, gotta do what i can to avoid migraines

now time to get back to work on Trails 2

or maybe start another game idk
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Narts

Post by Narts » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:23 am

DOOMFIST

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:44 am

i got persona 5

it is persona 5

DieselPheonix

Post by DieselPheonix » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:35 pm

Why was I not informed that there is a new Valkyria game?

...Or that it is a spin-off with weirdly different gameplay from the older ones?

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:38 pm

it's the second thing. ugh dont remind me.

today i got some other stuff

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:17 pm

I bought the Megaman Legacy collection and proceeded to start with Megaman 1. I had regrets. I then started playing MM2.

I've also been playing Overwatch, get to build a new computer. Finally I've picked up Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold and resumed the game I started and never finished months and months ago.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:17 pm

I have had a similar experience with Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, only I've yet to escape the hell that is the original Baldur's Gate (which is still a godawful mess even with BG2 mechanics and 99% of the bugs fixed) into the joy of BG2.

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:11 am

Soooooo, do any of y'all have a Switch and Splatoon 2? Maybe we could set up another one of them WWN playdates like when we were all super into Left 4 Dead, but like obviously chatting with something like Discord rather than Ninty's crumpets smartphone app.

Also, send me your friend codes!

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:27 am

Treed we have a super cool discord channel but it would be more than twice as cool if you'd show up!
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Treedweller

Post by Treedweller » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:39 am

I've joined!

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:06 am

mini review of fate/go after several months of RESEARCH

- p2w don't trust anyone who says it isn't they're lying
- that said i pulled the three most op 5*s so its possible to win it if you have godlike luck like me
- game is really grindy takes forever to get anything done you have to farm stuff a lot
- animations are nice
- combat is potentially interesting but in reality is gets pretty boring due to repetition
- every event there's one or two pretty tricky battles which tend to be rather epic events that use the battle system to their fullest, these are what i play for
- 3* cu chulainn lancer is one of the best god damn budget units i've ever seen in a mobile game he has outshined my 5* mains several times
- lots of waifus but also lots of husbandos, i wanted waifus but pulled husbandos so my team is a team of pretty boys
- still haven't pulled a seiba

tl;dr its pretty bad but has a few moments that almost make it worth it
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Kiltman2

Post by Kiltman2 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:00 am

breath of the wild is the absolute tits

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:47 pm

I finished Metroid: Samus Returns with 100%.

May not be the saviour of metroid, but it was a fun game.