Quantum dog mafia! Town wins!

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Quantum dog mafia! Town wins!

Post by HPD » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:00 am

OK, here's the deal: this will be no regular mafia game. This will be a quantum mafia game. This is going to be slightly complicated at first, but after careful scrutiny (and the right software to run it with), I've found that it's not actually all that hard. Let me plug the description I've got from this site (which also contains the software I use btw):
Quantum Werewolf Dog mafia
Quantum Werewolf Dog mafia plays like a normal Werewolf game with one very notable change: instead of randomly choosing roles at the start of the game, each player is in a state of quantum uncertainty, meaning that, at any given time, each player merely has a certain probability of having each role.

Each night, every player who can still be the Seer will get a vision. Likewise, each player who can be a Werewolf dog mafia will submit a kill. However, the visions are only accurate if the player turns out to be the Seer, and the attacks are only fatal if they turn out to have been made by the dominant Werewolf top dog.

When any player dies (by lynch, or by having a 100% chance of being dead), their death causes the quantum wave function to collapse and determine their role precisely. As the game progresses, this will make certain players more and more likely to have certain roles until each player has just one possible role.

The winners are those players who finish the game (alive or dead) on the winning team. The game ends either when all wolves dog mafia are dead, or when the wolves dog mafia have parity AS WELL AS all players having a definite alignment (100% chance of being good, evil or neutral).

Voting
Each day, all players who are still at least partly alive vote for who to lynch. The player with the most votes is then killed, and their exact role is randomly determined, in proportion to the chances of them having each role. An announcement is then made to all players regarding whether the lynched player was good, evil or neutral.

This may cause a chain reaction of other players' roles dropping out of flux, or even causing other players to die.

Although dead players cannot vote, votes from quantum ghosts (players whose fate is still undetermined when the votes are counted, but later turn out to have been killed earlier) still count fully.

Wolves Dog mafia
Each night, the dominant werewolf top dog makes a kill. The dominant wolf top dog is the alpha wolf dog, until the alpha wolf dog is lynched, at which time the dominant wolf top dog is the beta wolf dog, and so on. This will occur after lynch, but before visions.

This means that each player who could be playing the dominant wolf top dog needs to PM a kill target. At each stage, each player is given a percentage chance of being dead; this is the probability that they have been killed by a werewolf the dog mafia. If this chance reaches 100%, they will die. In this case, their exact role is also determined (which only decides which good player they were, since an evil player cannot be killed by the werewolves dog mafia).

The Seer
Each night, the Seer will receive one vision of a player of their choice as either good or evil.

This means that each player who could still be the Seer will need to PM a target and will receive a vision. This vision is only accurate if they turn out the be the Seer, but may still turn out to be correct by chance even if they are not.

The results of the vision are chosen randomly, in proportion to the probability of the target being good or evil.

Players may elect not to receive a vision.

Role Probabilities
Each morning, after the visions are returned, the state of the probability table is given for all to see. This will look something like:

Code: Select all

Good	Evil	Dead	Lock
Player 1	25%	75%	5%	50%
Player 2	95%	5%	80%	85%
Player 3	100%	0%	100%	100%
Player 4	90%	10%	0%	60%
Player 5	90%	10%	10%	90%
Player 6	100%	0%	100%	100%
Player 7	0%	100%	100%	100%
Note: A player's lock chance is how well defined their role is. It's basically the percentage chance from the role they are most likely to be.

Players are told which player number they are (e.g. Bob is told he is Player 4) at the start of the game, but do not know which numbers the other players are. This means that players know their own chances of being evil, and have information on how well determined the roles are each day, but don't know who the other probabilities belong to.

Players are not always told when specific roles they may have had are eliminated as possibilities, but if at any stage there is only one role a player can possible have, they will be informed of it.
Some additional notes/rules:
  • The software I use to determine does not support No Lynch, so that's out of the question. Someone has to die each day phase.
  • The only roles in play will be two werewolves dog mafia, one seer, but of course we won't know who's who (even I don't, of course). If more people sign up than expected, a third wolf dog will be added into the mix. It's already complicated enough.
  • Ties will be resolved by a random lynch.
  • I urge you to send in night actions, but if for some reason you miss one, it will be decided randomly.
  • The game starts at Night 0, in which every player needs to send in a Seer target but not a werewolf mafia kill.
  • You are not allowed to inspect the same person more than once. The same counts for night kills. We don't want to cause a paradox!
So yeah, it's a bit more complicated, but I think we'll figure it out as we go. The best parts are that there's no follow-the-cop unless the Seer is 100% determined (and even then I'm not sure if town wants to keep him around), players aren't killed as quickly since only the lynch causes a definite flip and lots of people can get in on the fun being at least partly special.

So, who's in?
  1. Narts
  2. Q7
  3. Dragonite
  4. pk
  5. Terr
  6. Linky
  7. Deoxy
  8. Sven
  9. Bonesy
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Narts

Re: Quantum werewolf! Signups

Post by Narts » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:10 am

I'm in with 50% probability.

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:11 am

narts wins game over we can all go home

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:14 am

Sven wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:11 am
narts wins game over we can all go home
where's your eigenvalue?
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:16 am

I'm in unless you don't me to be I don't want to cause any trouble sorry for bothering
BUY GOLD

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:41 am

sounds awesome. Got to retrieve my lost skype password to get more people to play.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:38 am

i call quantum batman
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:19 am

Can I be Schroedinger's Dog?

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:43 pm

I'm in!
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:20 pm

uhhh i don't really get it but sure i'm in
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Terragent wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:19 am
We can substitute wolves with dogs if you like. Then you'll at least be part dog until the wave function collapses.

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:29 pm

oh im in

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:28 pm

HPD wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:22 pm
Terragent wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:19 am
We can substitute wolves with dogs if you like. Then you'll at least be part dog until the wave function collapses.
can i be neko

schroedingers neko that is
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: Quantum dog mafia! Signups

Post by HPD » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:35 am

text revised after complaints about the lack of doggo in this mafia game

this is now quantum doggo mafia

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:55 am

Okay, so I got the lore done:

So once upon a time doggoville was a happy place. but then after a experiment with Schrödinger's box it explodes, because in doggoville quantum science works like hollywood. Now all doggo's may or may not be cats, who are the mortal enemies of the doggo's. The village's leader, the psychically gifted Doge, He Who Rules The Canals and the Canines, has the ability to bring certainty to chaos. But the cats are crafty. Will they make a litterbox of paradise, or will justice prevail? The uneasy answer: Probably.

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:28 am

in but i want you to know all these rules do me a frighten

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:42 am

Bonesy wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:28 am
in but i want you to know all these rules do me a frighten
It's honestly less bad as I thought at first. Once you see the whole thing in action I think it'll start making sense.

Anyway, nine people is exactly what I was going for, so let me start this up.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: Quantum dog mafia! Night 0

Post by HPD » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:02 am

Alright LET'S GO.

It is now Night 0.

All players have been sent a PM with their own player number between 1 and 9 inclusive. Keep this number private. You will be able to identify yourself on the probability table that will be posted at the start of each day.

Since everyone starts off on Night 0 with a nonzero chance of being the Seer, everyone has to send me a target for inspection. Please pick your target and send it to me.

Before I forget: You are not allowed to inspect the same person twice!

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:47 am

bark
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Bonesy

Post by Bonesy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:43 am

heck

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:27 pm

Strange dreams were had last night. Everyone has had a vision. But was it real? Or just a dream?

Day 1 begins with so many questions

Code: Select all

Good Evil Dead Lock
Player 1:  72%  27%   0%  59%
Player 2:  86%  13%   0%  71%
Player 3:  74%  25%   0%  69%
Player 4:  82%  17%   0%  68%
Player 5:  72%  27%   0%  59%
Player 6:  74%  25%   0%  70%
Player 7:  78%  21%   0%  63%
Player 8:  80%  19%   0%  66%
Player 9:  77%  22%   0%  72%
Universe Stability: 42%
Majority is at five. Good luck.

Narts

Re: Quantum dog mafia! Day 1

Post by Narts » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:49 pm

Q is partially mafia, let's kill him

Lynch Q

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:00 pm

At this point it's all very nebulous. Honestly nothing to go by so we're just going to have to start killing.

Lynch Q

Bonesy

Post by Bonesy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:13 pm

Lynch Q
why not

Sven

Post by Sven » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:48 pm

Lynch Q

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:05 pm

the bandwagon is real

Q7 is one vote short of being lynched

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:44 pm

lynch q7

something something this too is a possibility of the continuum shift

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:57 pm

WHAT THE fudge GUYS
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:58 pm

impression of day one:

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:48 pm

Well I'm already dead and I have literally nothing to argue because I don't even know whether or not I'm evil. I at least know I don't know who the other mafia are, but I don't even know if that's how this game works.

So for what it's worth, assuming I am innocent, my Seer inspection said that Linkman wasn't evil.
BUY GOLD

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:50 pm

So looking at the rules, it seems like everyone gets a vision reading even if they aren't the Seer, and I wasn't told anything about being the Seer so I assume the actual Seers don't know either. So I honestly don't see how Seer inspections can be helpful, at least until late endgame maybe.
BUY GOLD

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:56 pm

Assuming Narts inspected me and that's why they say I'm "partially" mafia. If I turn out to be innocent, that doesn't necessarily mean they're guilty because it seems like everyone gets an inspection without being told whether they are or are not the Seer.
BUY GOLD

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:57 pm

Granted I may be misreading the rules because I literally just woke up because this all happened while I was asleep. Thanks guys, I truly feel welcomed back.
BUY GOLD

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:01 am

The roles are not predetermined, so even I don't know at this point what your role is. It will flip randomly based on the day one odds table. So, should you flip civ then your inspection result is meaningless since you didn't flip seer. And everyone who inspected you as evil also cannot be Seer anymore since they had a wrong result.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:05 am

Oh so it's kinda like schrodingers mafia? Does that mean that who's mafia can change every day? In that case discussion is almost kinda useless and people should just lynch whoever has the lowest Good odds. Granted I guess players don't know other players' numbers. Is it alright to reveal mine since I'm dying anyways?
BUY GOLD

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:12 am

You are all very important to me and I am very blessed to have you in my life. Thank you all for filling my days with light and cheer, and may your futures be ever bright.
BUY GOLD

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:19 am

Also PK is a Red Mage
BUY GOLD

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:19 am

Dragonite is a knight, obviously.
BUY GOLD

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:20 am

Narts is the thief
BUY GOLD

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:46 am

The wave function collapsed on QQQQQQQ7777777. It is a very heavy wave function, so unfortunately he did not survive this quantum event.

He collapsed into a Villager.

It is now Night 1.
- Everyone who has a nonzero chance of being Dog mafia should send in a kill target.
- Everyone who has a nonzero chance of being Seer should send in a vision target.