Be My Mafia Valentine <3<3<3 - TOWN WIN

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Be My Mafia Valentine <3<3<3 - TOWN WIN

Post by HPD » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:47 am

Alright, here's the next game. And since it might as well be February, Valentine's Day is approaching. So what better way to celebrate than with a good 'ole game of Mafia.

This time around, our setup will be modeled to this: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=True_Love

tl;dr:
  • No night actions, lynches only
  • No specials, only civs and mafia
  • Everyone gets a secret lover, who might or might not share alignment
  • Mafia are cheating on their lovers with each other
  • When you get lynched, your lover will also die
  • Mafia wins if they equal town in numbers as per usual
Three mafia will be hard in this setup, but I will consider it if there's like twelve people. I do need an even number of players to start, else there will be a sad lonely person.

e: Just to be clear: only the Lover pair dies when one of them gets lynched. The mafia pair doesn't die when either one of them gets lynched. Only those considered Lovers are. The fact that I say they're cheating bastards is more for role-playing flavour.

in:
Airnike
Satel
Linky
Pk
Scraggy
Terr
Xen
Q7
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Airnike

Re: Be My Mafia Valentine <3<3<3

Post by Airnike » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:49 am

in

does Mafia cheating on their normal lover with each other imply that both die if town kill one?

Satel

Post by Satel » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:50 am

IN <3
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:01 am

Contrary to what the link in the first post says, I'll not provide quicktopics since they're pretty awkward. I recommend to use our Discord channel, but we also have the forum Private Messages as a slower alternative.
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:18 am

"no night actions" - does that include the standard mafia nightkill, or do you just mean that there are no "special" night actions?

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:22 am

That does indeed include the mafia kill.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:26 am

Sure!
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:32 am

in
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:51 pm

sounds quirky. sure
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:54 am

Yes, looks fun! Sign me up.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:42 am

Minimum to start with is eight so we need two more.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:31 am

Sure, deal me in.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:27 am

Still with seven. Considering nobody signed up all weekend, I'm content with eight to start with. Who wants last spot?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:44 am

SIGN ME UP I’M BACK AND READY TO RUMBLE
BUY GOLD

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:03 am

Roles have been sent

LET'S GO

DAY ONE FIVE IS MAJORITY

NO LYNCH PROHIBITED
SELF LYNCH PROHIBITED
RANDOM LYNCH PROHIBITED
LYNCH HPD FROWNED UPON

QQQQQQQ7777777

Re: Be My Mafia Valentine <3<3<3 - DAY ONE

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:19 am

Alright, so now that the game has started there are a couple things we can immediately extrapolate.

With eight players, all paired into teams, that means there should only be two mafia at most. If there were three mafia, the game would end as soon as the “clean team” was lynched.

Another thing to keep in mind is that, instead of having six town and two mafia, we really have two “clean” teams and two “dirty” teams. Mafia has no reason to lynch their own partners, so there are only four targets they’re after. This could be useful to keep in mind when looking at voting habits. That also makes those “clean” teams our only lifeline, because no matter what we only have two days we can waste.
BUY GOLD

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:20 pm

mm, yes. compelling.
lynch q7

bring it fudge
wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:04 am

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:00 pm

I have to agree.

Lynch Linkman sounds like a good starter.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:42 pm

So, we're all going to start with a roleclaim, right?

right?
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:49 pm

I'm Spartacus.

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:55 pm

roleclaiming is so lame
wisdom

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:55 pm

Pkdragon wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:42 pm
So, we're all going to start with a roleclaim, right?

right?
I roleclaim adorable mascot.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:49 pm

Okay, enough trolling from me. I'm going to fall back on the logic of "lynch the quiet ones" - so let's pick a name out of a hat and Lynch Satel.

Deliberately not jumping on the Linkman bandwagon because that'd put him two away from death (but obviously at the same time acknowledging that my logic says kill him as much as it says to kill Satel).

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:58 am

I'm breaking up with you and dating Terragent. Serves ya right.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:59 am

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:19 am

VOTING DEADLINE IN 72 HOURS

MAKE READY

Satel

Post by Satel » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:31 am

uh terragent dude i hadn't even read my PM, leave me with some time to sort out my work schedule and try to work out this game, will ya?

uh roleclaiming is, like super lame though

lynch pk
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Airnike

Post by Airnike » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:58 am

lynch Linkman

In case the card doesn't count.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:58 am

RSS you fixed yet home bot?
BUY GOLD

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:33 am

Hopefully? I dunno. It just went splart yesterday

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:53 am

Hi there! I have a confession to make. Airnike is my little french lover. <3

Now, normally Airnike pushing for my lynch out of pure spite would mean he is not mafia, as he does not care about losing the game so long as I am dead first.

However, this is exactly what a mafia Airnike would wish me to think. I think he is gambling on me trying to save his mafia ass.

Or maybe it's just spite? Regardless, I am willing to sacrifice myself to find out.

(I would Lynch Linkman but it's not allowed. Please lynch me!)

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:47 pm

anyone else want me to lynch them or is linkman the lucky one

ps: i think q7 is innocent

he's been active and doing smart things and not having a meltdown, so...

scraggypunk

Post by scraggypunk » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:22 pm

eh sure let's see what happens
lynch linkman
wisdom

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:42 pm

Linkman wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:59 am

Pkdragon

Post by Pkdragon » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:35 am

ok i was going to draw this out longer but because i only got approximately 5 hours of sleep and have D&D i can't rely on myself remembering to post tonight

lynch satel because i actually don't really want to lynch linkman, it's nothing personal satel, but i feel that your team is most likely to have a mafia in it

i think airnike and linky are probably civilians that are just trying to kill each other with the best intentions, rather than mafia attempting a double game.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:38 am

am i dead yet

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:38 am

Lynch Satel

My vote was available.

Satel

Post by Satel » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:51 am

oh my

i got 3 votes on me

i could make a case for myself but i didn't do much so far and since i don't know whether my lover's mafia or not, i can't make a case for them either

i mean i'm town but anyone could say that so if you think my lover's mafia i guess you could lynch me... eh

st3rn fudge st3rn

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:32 pm

It's a gamble either way. We won't have any information about which teams are mafia until one pair is lynched.