Waifu Mafia: Mafia win on day four

This is the RPG, Fanfiction, Story and Roleplaying Forum.

Basically, all creatively writingness stuff goes here, as well as RPGs.

Moderator: Terragent

Satel

Re: Waifu Mafia: Day Two

Post by Satel » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:05 am

Linky, I don't really care you stole my waifu actually. She was just a thorn in my side because as strong as she is, she can't get anything done and attracts aggro like a magnet and I almost died to her crumpets. Now I'm rid of that, so that's cool.

I'm more concerned about the fact that you stole my waifu and are being an asshole over it.

Regardless of stealing my waifu, you're also derailing the town's search for mafia (if you're not, and right now I'm actually rather inclined to believe you're just stupid) and as such lynching you is more than justified, so when you're dead the mafia won't just be able to hide behind your crumpets defense.
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

Bonesy
3DS Code: 0318 8318 0000

Post by Bonesy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:32 am

lynch linkman

Sven

Post by Sven » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:44 am

lynch Dragonite

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Linkman » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:02 am

Lynch Dragonite
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:40 am

Lynch Tally

Linkman: 4 (Satel, HPD, Dragonite, Bonesy)
Satel: 1 (???)
Q7: 1 (Xenesis)
HPD: 1 (???)
Dragonite: 3 (???, Linkman, Sven)
Bonesy: 1 (???)

Deadline in 36 hours.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO
3DS Code: 2535-4646-7163

Post by Xenesis » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:03 am

Jeez, missed a lot.

Lynch Linkman

They're suspect TBH.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:38 am

Linkman has been lynched. He was aligned with the town.

His waifu was an Edgy Deconstruction Girl

On the surface, she resembles one of those silly hackneyed magical girls, or maybe someone from a harem story - but, you see, she’s meant to be a parody of them and be so much cleverer than they are. Given that she goes through exactly the same motions as the characters she’s meant to be sending up, you have to wonder for a bit whether she’s really all that effective at that job.

Linkman had a one-shot night action to steal somebody else’s waifu; he would pick another player, and their waifu was now his waifu’s waifu. He gained all of the powers and drawbacks of their waifu. If his alignment was different from his victim's, the two players would swap alignment.

With Linkman dead, Satel's stolen waifu has come crawling back to him - but the vicious actions of Linkman's killers will never be forgotten.

Meanwhile, upon realising that someone didn't want him around, Bonesy has died of a broken heart. He was aligned with the town.

His waifu was a terminally ill plot device fiancee.

She’s pure, she’s innocent, she’s wasting away from some debilitating but conveniently clean and non-contagious affliction that doesn’t make her less physically attractive. All very sad.

Anything that would normally kill Bonesy - a lynch majority, a nightkill, etc - would kill his waifu instead, and leave him alive. Her days were numbered, anyway.

Once this happened, Bonesy was horribly depressed; if anyone, at any point, voted to lynch him after his waifu had died, he would automatically die at the end of the phase in which they voted for him. Retracted votes still counted towards this.

Night Two has started. Send me your night actions.

Linkman
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: Waifu Mafia: Night Two

Post by Linkman » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:01 pm

Yeahhh crap.
"everytime I try to draw xen I end up drawing a kangaroo smoking a cigar while chainsawing a tree" - Deoxy
"I can't believe I'm the only person who voted Stallone. His appeal lies in watching is movies again and again just to hear what the hell he's talking about." - Kilteh

scraggypunk

Re: Waifu Mafia: Night Two

Post by scraggypunk » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:23 pm

wisdom
"the law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread" - anatole france

Terragent

Re: Waifu Mafia: Day Three

Post by Terragent » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:19 pm

A peaceful night passed in the town. While some shadowy figures were seen sneaking around, they were clearly not interested (or not capable) of hurting anybody, because everyone who had gone to sleep that night woke up the next morning in the best of health.

A new day has started. With six players alive, four votes is a majority.

Lynch Tally

Dragonite: 1 (???)
Xenesis: 1 (???)

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:17 pm

cop should claim today, just sayin'

it's not me
"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

Satel

Post by Satel » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:38 pm

everyone knows but i can just say it again

it's not me either
Joey wrote:i think i was mad at certain players and wanted to wave st3rn's success in their face at the most opportune moment, or something

st3rn fudge st3rn

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:36 am

I’m the investigator. I inspected PK, Sven, and Dragonite. They all showed up as innocent, although obviously PK wasn’t. The mafia know who I am, so I believe that the doctor protected me last night.
BUY GOLD

Satel

Post by Satel » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:26 am

with the unlikelihood of there being two godfathers, we can assume sven and dragonite are town now... i hope

assuming q is telling the truth, let's recap:
q is the cop
sven and dragonite are town
then:
hpd's been acting pretty town from the little i can see
i'm pretty sure i am town

yup, that settles it

lynch xen

sorry i really didn't wanna do it again

st3rn fudge st3rn

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:52 am

Hold your horses, I have investigated this matter and come to a different conclusion. It is time to unveil the shadow play behind the scenes. Much has happened and time is short, so I'll try to keep it as brief as possible.

Let me first introduce you to my waifu, the Magical Girl. She saves lives, that's how she is. If I target someone at night, they will be immune to nightkills and any other attempt to block or disinform them. This is important. My protections were, in chronological order: Satel, Bonesy (and then killing him immediately afterwards, I know) and Q7.

Q7 has claimed inspector and I have no reason to doubt this. His order of inspections was: Pk, Sven, Dragonite. Since the last kill did not come through, I can hardly do anything else than take the credit for a succesful save. It also means that Dragonite, at least, is confirmed town. Satel was confirmed town by Linkman's actions (at least it seems that way). Q7 is inspector. That leaves Xen and Sven as potential mafia.

Sven has been deemed innocent by the inspector by virtue of an inspection on night one. I have reasons to doubt this claim. That is partially because my waifu's description hints at disinfo shenanigans, but moreso because of the events that occurred.

You see, Dragonite's waifu is Mary Sue. And he could on night zero target someone to become his waifu's BFF. He chose Pk. Pk gets to know Dragonite is town, but also can't directly kill him. Q7 also targets Pk and thinks he's innocent. All three of them hook up behind the scenes (Pk introducing Dragonite to Q7) and start collaborating. Pk has neatly infiltrated the group and finds the inspector. He suggests to inspect Sven, and Q7 agrees and does just that. This comes up innocent as well After night one, this should raise some red flags! Because Pk dies thanks to Scraggy and flips mafia.

Meanwhile, Linkman makes a lot of clamor and attracts lynches all over the place. His behaviour didn't make sense to me, but now I think he's somehow involved in all this and that he might've been collaborating with the rest of the Squirtle Squad. Attract attention while Sven is silently accepted as innocent. Maybe he stole Sven's role earlier? Maybe he 's been doing it out for crumpets 'n giggles. But it doesn't add up. All the information I've gathered from Q7 and Dragonite about what has been discussed and suggested behind the scenes leaves me with only one choice:

Lynch Sven

"So when I say the fudge shaman flies he goddamn well flies and that's that." - Narts
"My motto is that there are far too many women in the world to waste time with men." - thefalman
"It's just that I'm not really aware of how a common conversation goes." - Imano Ob, talking on MSN about talking on MSN
"As for FE8, that was IS' variant of Man Spam - Dudes with Swords edition." - Xenesis

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:01 am

Also notice how we all got a lynch vote from Linkman's death, except for Sven.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:35 am

HPD wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:01 am
Also notice how we all got a lynch vote from Linkman's death, except for Sven.
Well, that's because Satel's waifu is vengeful and Sven was the only one who didn't vote for Linkman while he stole the waifu. The issue is of course that it reduces the majority to lynch for any of us to three and leaves Sven with an extra vote for margin, essentially.
IST wrote:Even the worst individual needs to discover the joys of a chicken statue that is also a pregnant blonde housewife.

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by HPD » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:06 am

My point exactly. Here I am suspicious of the one guy who didn't vote in a town lynch wagon.

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:39 am

Lynch Sven

It’s kind of insane, it’s vague if Linkman can swap multiple times, since his role reveal said no but he was talking about stealing my abilities at the same time. Maybe it covered up him stating as mafia.

Q gets to inspect again tonight and we have another kill tomorrow, which gives room to check off more players.

The weird thing is PK brought me into contact with Q straight away while he could’ve hidden it for a while. HPD is either crackpot paranoid or on to something. Note how the town has many powerful anti-mafia roles; vigilante, counterlynch(probably), me either confirming myself to a townie or hindering mafia, and doctor plus. Maybe the insanity that a mafia role being passed on is possible.

Sven

Post by Sven » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:22 pm

My role is a Blobfish, a poorly formed waifu who isn't really all there physically, but she is a moeblob nonetheless.

I am immune to all mafia night actions. Yes, this includes the mafia kill.

I've also been inspected and verified by our inspector. Unless you genuinely believe there are *two* mafia godfather roles (remember that pkdragon was one), there is no reason not to accept my inspection results.

I would like to lynch Xenesis because I believe HPD is just having a fit of paranoia.

The alternative is that Satel is trying to pin things on Xen in preparation for our beautiful LOGICAL UNVEILING.

I would like everyone to ROLECLAIM now.

Sven

Post by Sven » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:23 pm

lynch Xenesis

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:34 pm

Lynch Tally

Xenesis: 3 (???, Satel, Sven)
Sven: 2 (HPD, Dragonite)

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:26 pm

Considering the votes, Lynch Sven is my only option as he's keen to paint me as mafia. If he's guilty, then it's pretty obvious that there were some role shenanigans going on.

Satel/Q7, the deciding vote goes to you I guess.

Satel

Post by Satel » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:31 pm

this is actually difficult, but hopefully we have some leeway with this

i don't think the mafia would have two misdirection roles, and this is the only way sven could be mafia, so i doubt it. him not voting for linky might just be chance, or he didn't want to get involved in lynching his squirtle squad buddy, which makes sense considering we're talking about sven

i don't think sven's the priority target when xen's defense has literally been "look at this guy he's acting more mafia than me". it does make sense, but at least sven's got an innocent ping and him being mafia requires some convoluted scenario, which is more than anything i can tell myself to save xen. "i don't think he could be mafia two times in a row when he joined mafia games so recently" isn't a valid argument, so iguess i'll keep my vote where it is until i can hear more.

deadline pls?

st3rn fudge st3rn

Dragonite

Post by Dragonite » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:11 pm

Everyone has some weird ability, so I'd like to know Xenesis's role by now. I tried to write a long post last night on mobile, but it seemed I was tired enough I clicked the wrong thing and it failed it show up. HPD's posts as far as facts go is correct.

I didn't believe HPD until it become clear the town has above average intel roles. Follow the cop is potent enough as it, even without doctor aid piercing misdirectiion. I also had a role that could prevent mafia kills if I was lucky, or gave the town intel from night 0. Satel has a counterlynch ability, scraggy was vigilante, etc. With Sven saying he has immunity from night actions, the town seems extremely powerful. It'd that what makes it possible the mafia role could be passed around. So yes, two misdirection roles are possible.

So something's up. The weird thing here is that PK told about me even though as mafia he had no reason to do so. It let HPD, and as far as I know also Q to doubt is there was any other motive at play. I believed for a while PK got into a panic with two role pokes at once.

If Linkman passed mafia night 1, Sven would both have pinged innocent and passed mafia afterwards, making his inspection not 100%, especially as PK suggested it beforehand.

If this whole (admittedly insane) plot isn't true, the remaining option is that Xenesis must have a powerful mafia ability to counter this specific town.
If Linky did end up being the original mafia, he'll have a quirky waifu ability at least, one that should fit into the bigger picture. At any rate, we must hear it by now. unknown abilities are a risk now.

We have enough time to eventually kill both anyway. Q didn't roleclaim during the day, but I informed him about Q in private, and no one died. Based on the swapping, I'm trusting satel as well, and Q has no competition as inspector as far as I know. Bluffing inspector early to bank on it not existing sounds risky.

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:35 pm

I would not like for the deadline be shorter than 48 hours from start of day, especially since the recent tick time of ~11pm local for me is pretty awful for some people.

With that in mind, deadline is in 24 hours.

Lynch Tally

Xenesis: 3 (???, Satel, Sven)
Sven: 3 (HPD, Dragonite, Xenesis)

Satel

Post by Satel » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:35 am

let's make this quick

i'll follow the rest of the town since we can afford one mislynch

lynch sven

doesn't it look kinda weird that me notwithstanding, sven is the only one voting for anyone else but him?

st3rn fudge st3rn

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:02 am

>euros are so stupid that they would rather lynch someone confirmed innocent by the inspector than anyone else
>afterwards they will blame me for my actions rather than reflect upon their terrible play

this is why i squirtle squad

QQQQQQQ7777777

Post by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:30 am

Gosh I’m so sorry for being absent these past few days. I’ve been at Disneyland and there’s been no downtime whatsoever. With that said, Sven might be our best bet. We can be reasonably sure of any inspections made post-PK and unless HPD has pulled a massive mafia misdirect that leaves Satel and Xen. I’ll get one more inspection at night with the doctor’s protection and regardless of who’s picked we can work out mafia by process of elimination.

Sven
BUY GOLD

Sven

Post by Sven » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:36 am

the last mafia is a framer and your plan is useless but hey nice try

peace gj maf

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:48 am

Sven has been lynched. He was innocent.

His waifu was a blobfish. There weren't enough blobs to go around, so he got a deep-sea waifu with its own kind of cuteness.

Since everyone feels sorry for him, his waifu made him immune to nightkills. Futhermore, any inspections targeting Sven would always return the correct result, regardless of any powers or effects that might have caused them to be wrong.

Night Three begins now. Please send your night actions in.

Dragonite

Re: Waifu Mafia: Night Three

Post by Dragonite » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:29 pm

Well, squirtle squad has had stupid plays in the past, so I'll take it as some delayed revenge. Overall this is by far the most stupid thing I've ever done in mafia.

It would've been crazy awesome when it was correct though. Probably why I went along with it.

Terragent

Re: Waifu Mafia: Night Three

Post by Terragent » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:25 pm

A new day broke, and the news went around the town like wildfire: Dragonite had been shot!

"Oh no, not Dragonite! Nobody else had such a super amazing and perfect (but with adorable flaws!) waifu! Whatever shall we do now?"

Dragonite has been killed by the mafia. His waifu was a Mary Sue.

Everyone loves his waifu, even people she’s just barely met. She’s the best at everything and everybody always knows this (except for authority figures, who take an instinctive dislike of her and make a point of disagreeing with her even when she’s obviously right).

Dragonite's vote would always break ties.

During night zero, he picked another player to be his best friend. This player learned his alignment, but Dragonite did not learn theirs. Dragonite and his best friend could never vote to lynch each other. If the best friend was mafia, then Dragonite would become immune to the standard mafia nightkill as long as his best friend was alive; a mafia best friend had the option, as a special night action, to kill both themselves and Dragonite.

With four living players, lynch majority is three. Deadline in 48 hours.

Lynch Tally

Q7: 1 (???)

HPD
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: Waifu Mafia: Day Four

Post by HPD » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:30 pm

I'll be out of the country for the next couple of days, so my appearances will be sketchy at best.

I protected Q7 last night, his inspection should be accurate, since it pierces the framer.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Post by Xenesis » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:16 pm

Lynch HPD.

Satel

Post by Satel » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:30 pm

it's either HPD or you at this point xen

not casting a vote yet, i wanna hear from Q first

st3rn fudge st3rn

Terragent

Post by Terragent » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:31 pm

Lynch Tally

HPD: 2 (???, Xenesis)
Q7: 1 (???)

All of a sudden, a battle cry rings out! An waifishly thin woman with huge, um, tracts of land (and wearing almost nothing) jumps onto the scene, transforms into a giant sword, and annihilates Q7 instantly.

Xenesis sits back and chuckles. He didn't need a moeblob or a mary sue or anything at all like that - his waifu was a dateable weapon - fitting for a member of the mafia.

Q7 has been killed by Xenesis's sword waifu. He was innocent.

His waifu was a moeblob. Cute, cuddly, and barely a functional human being - but with a handy ability to tell who's good and evil at a glance. Q7 was able to inspect one player every night and would learn their alignment - but the effort of looking after his moeblob meant that he was only able to vote for players who already had a vote against them.

The sword waifu's antics have made it obvious to everyone that Xenesis is mafia.

Unfortunately for the town, with only three people around, the new majority is two.

HPD has been lynched. He was innocent.

His waifu was a Magical Girl. Each night, he could choose one player for his waifu to protect: they would be immune to all nightkills and anything that might prevent them from acting or misinform them. However, any night action used against HPD would always succeed.

Furthermore, if HPD died via any means other than a lynching, he would get to go out in a blaze of glory, surviving until the beginning of the night phase with his alignment revealed (and would be able to vote and affect the quorum for majority).

With HPD and Q7 dead, only Xenesis and Satel remain alive. The game has ended.

Thanks very much for playing, everyone. There have been some pretty wonky moments in this game and I'm honestly not sure I did the best job of balancing some of the abilities. Full game log is coming.

Pkdragon

Re: Waifu Mafia: Night Four

Post by Pkdragon » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:40 pm

I DEDICATE THIS VICTORY TO THE SQUIRTLE SQUAD

WE HAVE WON BY LYNCHING HPD
HPD wrote:You know the only thing on the agenda of the Squirtle Squad is pure, unadulterated chaos.

That, and watching Euros squirm.

Xenesis
Tri-Star CO
Tri-Star CO

Re: Waifu Mafia: Mafia win on day four

Post by Xenesis » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:41 pm

I can't believe that we actually pulled that off.

Satel

Re: Waifu Mafia: Mafia win on day four

Post by Satel » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:46 pm

wow, that ending

instakill + wagon reaches majority

that hurts

i will never hear from q

but at least i'm alive

st3rn fudge st3rn